WELCOME TO YORK U ORIENTATION 2015!
York University offers a wide variety of Orientation programming for all new and incoming students.
Here’s what you can do RIGHT NOW to get ready:
- Join our Official Accepted Class of 2019 Facebook Group
- Connect with people in your program, take a tour of campus and get your YU Card by logging into YU START
- Sign up for York Orientation Day, taking place September 8th, by logging into YU START!
Here’s a Taste of What’s to Come:
Saturday, September 5:
- First Year Move In
- Parent & Family Orientation
- Residence Orientation
Tuesday, September 8:
- York Orientation Day – Sign up at YU START website.
York Orientation Day is an on-campus event for all undergraduate students where you will meet incoming students, current student leaders, and professors.
- Here are the top 5 reasons you should attend!
- Participate in academic orientation activities with your academic program, Faculty and College – they’ll be expecting you.
- Meet other new students in your academic program before your first class.
- Talk to upper-year students; they are great resources for questions you may have about university life, academic or social.
- Enjoy a free lunch and attend a welcoming ceremony with the entire incoming class.
- Engage in discussion about sexual consent and respectful dating practices.
- An important element of the day is “You Had Me At Consent” – featuring an interactive presentation on sexual consent by Mike Domitrz and the Date Safe Project.
- September 8, 2015 is going to be an amazing day and we are excited to welcome you in-person as you join the York U community!
Thursday, September 10:
- First Day of Classes
- York Lions “Frosh Frenzy” Soccer Match
Saturday, September 12: