Welcome to York University, Class of 2021! We are so excited for you to join us on campus. To ensure a smooth transition into your first semester, please refer to the FAQ below.
How do I find my classroom?
- You will notice that on your schedule the full building name is not listed. Class locations are always written in acronym form:
- e.g., CLH A (CLH is the building name, A is the room number/letter) = Curtis Lecture Hall A
- Type the acronym into the Interactive Map to find the building name: www.yorku.ca/web/maps
- Locate your classes by using the Campus Map. The map uses a coordinate system (numbers are across the top, letters are down the sides). See full map here: maps.info.yorku.ca/files/2013/02/KEELE_Map_Colour.pdf
When is my first day of class?
- Winter classes begin on Thursday, January 4. If you have classes scheduled Monday to Wednesday they will start the following week. Tutorials and labs generally start AFTER you have attended your first class. If you are unsure, please check with your course instructor for clarification.
- For more important dates, check here: registrar.yorku.ca/enrol/dates/fw17
How do I get my student identification card?
- You can pick up your YU Card at William Small Centre, room 200
- YU Cards are used to gain entrance into examinations, to pay for food / textbooks / printing, to use the library and more.
- For more information: yucard.info.yorku.ca
What is the first step of coming to York?
- Come to Winter Orientation on Wednesday, January 3 (your College will send you an invite)!
How do I get to campus by transit?
Click on the links below to find your route to York University:
- Brampton Transit (Zum): transportation.info.yorku.ca/public-transit/brampton-transit
- GO Transit: transportation.info.yorku.ca/public-transit/go-transit
- TTC: transportation.info.yorku.ca/public-transit/ttc
- YRT/Viva: transportation.info.yorku.ca/public-transit/york-region-transit-yrt-viva
How do I add and drop courses?
- Adding and dropping courses is all done online! From the York’s Current Students website, click Add/Drop Courses underneath Courses & Enrolment: currentstudents.yorku.ca
- Having trouble choosing courses or planning your academic path? Book an academic advising appointment with an advising professional: acadresources.yorku.ca/advising
Do you have any other questions? Feel free to contact a RED Zone Student Ambassador on Facebook and they will reply to your inquiries as soon as possible. You can also join the Accepted to York U, Class of 2021 - OFFICIAL group on Facebook and post your questions there. The group is monitored by both student and full time staff members who are ready to welcome incoming students by providing information about on-campus services, programs, resources and everything else to do with university life!