Can't make it to campus?
Not to worry! Here are several other way you can ensure you still own your first day at York:
- Register for York Orientation Day! Orientation Week runs from August 31 - September 8. Orientation includes York Orientation Day on Wednesday, September 3 from 1 - 8pm. Here you will meet other new and senior students from your major program of study as well as some of your professors. You'll also get to explore the campus and attend the official York Welcome Ceremony! Watch the Orientation website for the link to register later in the summer.
- Watch the #YORK101 Video Series playlist on our YouTube channel. Here, we cover all the important topics and answer all your pressing question about York University in order to ensure you're ready for your first day.
- Get Your YU-CARD at any time throughout the summer to avoid the lineups in September. The YU-Card is your official York University student identification. Upload your photo here. Once your photo has been approved and you have received an email confirmation, your are welcome to pick up your card anytime over the summer during the YU-Card office hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:45am-4pm and Friday, 8:45am-3pm.
- Join the York University: Incoming Class of 2019 - OFFICIAL Facebook group as well as your program-specific Facebook group to interact with upper-year student leaders and meet other new students in your program. You can find your program-specific group once you log into YU START.
- Tour the Keele and Glendon campus and find your classrooms in advance. Book a campus tour now!
- Follow us and stay engaged on social media. Links below.
Follow the #YORK101 hashtag across all social media and keep up with us online for more First-Year content!